Use It Or Lose It #4

Sunday 17 January 2016

Start of a new year and I’ve decided to do a bit of a clean out of my makeup draw. It’s not so much of a project pan as it is a list of items that I want to concentrate on otherwise they’re most likely going to be thrown out at the end of the year, finished or not.

Untitled

 
This is a different use it or lose it to my previous efforts. My aim this year is to really bring my beauty stash, and my makeup stash in particular, down to only the products I actually will use rather than hanging on to them because I hate wasting my money and they’re still usable even though I don’t really want to use them. And I'm not going to lie - it's because I'm planning to add some delicious high end products to my stash over the next year so this has gotta go to make room.
 
Without listing them all individually there are 2 tinted lip balms, 5 lip pencils, 5 lip glosses, 5 lipsticks, 5 eye primers, 4 brow products, 6 cream eyeshadows and one powder eyeshadow (in the quartet), 2 foundations, 1 concealer, 1 eyeliner, 1 blush and 1 pressed powder. For now they're living in a basket on my vanity where I can riffle through them with the hope that I’ll look there before going to my drawers and it seems to be working for a few items. Having said that I'm not limiting myself to just these items coz quite frankly that'll never work.

I'm not planning on having scheduled updates so this may sit in the background until the end of the year. And I did also go through my skincare stash and pulled out a few items that also have a 1 year deadline or they're gone too, but I don't seem to find it a hassle to finish skincare and I always feel like I've achieved more by finishing makeup products so that's what I want to focus on. We'll see I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment